Friday, September 11, 2026

In God's Melting Pot - Purification Process

In God's Melting Pot

(2911200338-0413,1109262228-2253)

Everything I've built up,
everything I've accomplished,
has now collapsed,
like a house of cards.

No matter which way I look,
no matter what I try,
I can't get anywhere
with my plans and ambitions.

I feel like I'm in God's melting pot.

Everything that's important
to me is gone now.

Now it's just God and me.

My own character
is being put to the test.

All the crying
and crying out
seems to be of no use.

All my prayers, my pleading
and begging,
go unanswered.

God has reduced me
to nothing right now,
and that hurts terribly.

But if He has reduced me to zero,
it's only because He wants
to put His one
in front of me.
He wants to use me,
but he can't use my pride
in my own achievements.

He wants to mold me,
but he can't do anything
with my arrogance.

It stands in his way
like slag,
which must first be
melted out of gold.

This process is very painful,
and I must learn
to define myself
not by my achievements,
but by my Creator.

No longer me,
but HE now has the say
in my life.

I don't know
where he is leading me,
I don't know
what will happen next.

But I know
deep in my heart,
that my Creator is

not simply discarding me,
but has something better
in store for me.

The slag is only being removed
from the gold
because the gold has

entirely different qualities,
and these are now
to be used.

God, teach me now
to submit to You
instead of running away
from Your treatment.

Teach me to look to You,
no matter how painful it may be.

Teach me humility,
for all my pride and arrogance
have only made me fall deeper.

Teach me to take each day
anew from Your hand,
instead of always trying
to control things myself.

And in all of this,
grant me a clear mind,
so that I may recognize

Your guidance and bow before You.


Topic:   Purification Process

No comments: