Monday, May 29, 2023

No thank you - What happens when we ignore the Bible and Jesus

No thank you

 (2705230740-0802)

 

 I said no thank you

 to my Maker's instructions

 for my life

 and went my own way.

 

 But relatively quickly I realized

 that I just didn‘t get

 the freedom I had hoped for

 but slipped from one bondage

 into the next.

 

 Happiness, joy and freedom

 was not part of my life

 and instead I realized

 there is a power destroying me

 and that wants to keep me bound.

 

 I slipped lower and lower

 into the mess

 and took advice from people

 who were just as clueless as me

 about my Maker’s instruction  manual. 

 It's like I'm blind

 being led by blind people.

 

 I said no thank you

 to my Savior

 who came for me

 in order to get me

 out of my misery.

 

 But in my heart was always

 this growing dissatisfaction.

 My conscience accused me

 I could do whatever I wanted

 I just couldn't calm down.

 

 I longed for peace

 but it raged inside of me.

 I longed for true love

 and security,

 but what I lived out

 was lust and selfishness.

 

 I got to a point in my life

 when  I was fed up with myself.

 but I could not come up with

 any good ideas on my own  anymore.

 

 Is there really nobody

 who can help me now?

 Isn't there anyone who

 can pull me out

 from my sinking mud hole?

 

 Maybe I should reconsider

 my Maker's instruction manual

 for my life

 and reflect upon

 the words of the Savior

 who he sent to my world.

 

 Yes, please,

 because I've degenerated so much

 that only HE can help me!

 

 

 Topic: What happens when we ignore the Bible and Jesus

 

 

Matthew 15:14

Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.

 

Luke 19,10

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

 

(Bible quotations are from the NIV Bible translation)

No comments: